Monday, July 23, 2007

Part 1 Nelson Vacation: Sunny California Valley

The weather was hot and sunny, but not as hot as it could have been. We were in Vacaville, CA; my home town. Historic Nut Tree reopened recently as a small amusement park, so we had to check it out. My Aunt, Uncle, and Grandma trecked down from Oregon and enjoyed the new park with us. Here are a few pictures from the original Nut Tree train. It was just as I remembered it: Cedric and Blake laugh and cover their eyes at the waterfall: Here is a pic of the original rocking horses. They were just as firm as I remember...maybe moreso...ouch. LOL The kids didn't care. They rode every single rocking horse at least 3 times and there were about 15 of them: Here is a pic of my Uncle Ron taking a well deserved break under the mister sprayers. Yes that is a rocking chair. Nice, huh? I bet you want one of those setups in YOUR backyard. :-) The boys rode all the usual rides. Don't you love how intense little kids get on those driving rides with the cars? They look so serious as if they are really driving. So cute. I could post a million pics. After we were completely melted from the heat, we retired to Grandma and Grandpa Davidowski's house for some refreshing pool time. Cedric also discovered the joy of swimming around unassisted...well, unless you count his life jacket and swim noodle. I got video of it too...I may upload that later. Here is a pic: Ah the lazy days of summer. Jim is really roughing it in Grandma's pool. Cannonball anyone? Here are some family pictures. Picture of my Grandma with the boys: Picture of my Aunt and Uncle with the boys: Picture of Grandma and Grandpa Davidowski with the boys: Coming next: Part 1.b Nelson Vacation: Fabulous Lake Tahoe.

2 comments:

Tiffanie Hage said...

Great pics Kristine...looks like you had a blast! Isn't it great have TWO boys, I just love it, so nice for them to have each other!

Anonymous said...

FUN! Can't wait for the next parts...