Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Cedric's new glasses

Ok, soon, I'll continue with my vacation postings, but first I have breaking news. Cedric has glasses. We figured he was doomed since both Jim and I have to wear glasses. Cedric's right eye is much weaker. During his eye appt, he could read pretty good with his left eye, but couldn't read larger letters with his right. He's now exlaiming....wow....I can read the time (digital clock) now and I can see everything! He's also scanning the room as if he's seeing everything for the first time. The Dr. said it was good that we brought him in so early because the glasses will train his brain to use his right eye better and over time, his vision will improve. Plus during the initial eye exam, the Dr. was impressed with Cedric's ability to recognize all his letters and numbers from zero to 100, but most of all, the Dr. had never seen a 5 year old sit through the entire exam and be as responsive as Cedric was. I was beaming with pride. :-) Here is the before picture: Here is the after picture with the glasses. Doesn't he look handsome! And so grown up too.

In 27 days, Cedric will be going to Kindergarten. We are marking off the days on the calendar. Cedric is excited and I am nervous. I'll be sure to post those first day of school pictures.

5 comments:

Tiffanie Hage said...

OMGoodness...what a handsome young man he is! He looks very studious...very ready for kindergarden!!!

Jill said...

Cedric, your glasses look great! Have fun getting ready for kindergarten!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how CUUUUTTE! I love little kids in glasses. VERY smart looking.

weatherduo said...

Hi Cedric----I think your glasses look really good and it sure is neat to be able to see everything clearly. I can't believe school years are already here for you---kindergarden will be so much fun for you---you will learn a lot and have a whole bunch of new friends, too.! ---Love & big hugs to you and everyone in your family, every day! Grandma Sandy

Anonymous said...

Wowzers he looks all growed up.LOL

Great set of frames Cedric!