Saturday, February 23, 2008

Whew...who turned up the heat?

After we built our snowman, warm winds kicked in....well...warm for Anchorage at least.  We had 35-40 degree weather for several days in a row.  I'm guessing our 5 foot tall snowman is now a mere fraction of his glorious self.  LOL  
The other night, Cedric asked me what the forecast was for the next day.  I hadn't even looked at the weather, so I asked him what kind of weather he wanted?  Without a momment's hesitation, he said, "SPRING!"  I told him spring would come in April when the geese started arriving.  
Flash foward to today after several days of melting snow and ice.  Cedric excited called to me. "Mama, come here, come here, come OVER HERE, you have to SEE this!"  I'm thinking it's a rabbit, wolf, moose, or a bird.  Instead he's pointing out the window right next to the house.  All I see is a chair that blew off our deck.  Then I notice it....green....GRASS!  Cedric was just dancing a jig.  It was sunny, it was warm...well it was above freezing at least....and there were patches of green grass.  LOL  
I keep trying to tell him it usually snows at least one more time in March before spring comes. Poor kid.  

No comments: