Sunday, December 28, 2008

My Favorite snow pictures so far this year.

It has been a spectacular winter for photography.  Lots of freezing fog and various clouds have brought fantastic colors and nuances.  Each and every day, I marvel at the beauty right outside our backdoor.  In fact, all but one of these pictures was taken from the backdoor.  This is not to say there haven't been other spectacular views around the city.  I just have my camera readily available at home.  I really should carry a camera with me all the time.  Last week, ice coated trees were tinged pink at the top and sillouetted by a strikingly dark blue sky as the sun sank towards the horizon.  
This one, I'm calling, "Pre-Dawn Beauty".  Notice the hoar frost on the tree in the forefront.   Hoar frost is deposited on the trees by freezing fog.  
I took this picture late in the day at Kinkaid Park. 
This is midday in December.  The sun barely skirts the tops of the trees.  
More wintery scenes in the backyard.  

1 comment:

Tiffanie Hage said...

Beautiful shots Kristine!!!