Saturday, May 16, 2009

March Ice Bowling

It may be sunny now, but back in March it was still cold and icy.  During Fur Ronde, the Peanut Farm set up ice bowling "lanes" on the frozen stream next to the restaurant.  The weather was as good as it gets in March, so we decided to try it out.  The holes of the bowling balls were packed with snow and ice, so it was tricky to get a grip on the ball, so the boys stuck to just rolling the ball.  Even Jim "palmed" the ball and let it roll off his fingertips.  As for me, I did my best putting the tips of my fingers into the frozen partially filled holes.  We all did pretty good scorewise, because there were hay bales at the end of the lane.  Your ball could bounce off the hay bales and slide back into the pins to knock more down.  I got several strikes that way.  In addition, other balls could cross into your lane.  This could be good and bad.  For me, it turned out to be great when a ball from a neighboring lane slid over the lane line and knocked down the rest of the pins that my ball missed.  STRIKE!  Well....kind of.  Here are a few pictures of our ice bowling adventure:  
  

No comments: