Sunday, January 13, 2008

Winter Fun

Winter is fun and this is a post about winter fun. Ok...the ice skating rink is open all year long, but it's still a winter sport. ;-) This was the first time I had taken Cedric ice skating and the first time I'd been on been on skates in probably 20 years. It was the blind leading the blind. After a few laps around both Cedric and I were finding our balance and having fun. At one point Cedric had grown so confident that he actually jumped with both feet off the ground. Now you have to realize he was still holding my hand when he did this. Luckily, Cedric landed his "jump" with perfect balance, but I told him no more jumping until he can skate by himself. Needless to say, Cedric didn't want to leave the ice rink and even though my muscles had long past the point where they started screaming "STOP!" we kept skating until Cedric's legs were giving out. It was a good day. :-) No winter fun post is complete without posts of sledding. This year, we've graduated to the "big" sledding hill. Wow is it fun, fast, and wild! Grandma took the next few pictures. Blake wasn't wild about the snow in his face, but Cedric once again could have stayed forever just sledding down and climbing up and sledding down, etc etc. Ah to be a kid again. Here is Blake and me getting a face full of snow. Notice how my head is a little blurry. It's not the camera...that is powdery snow flying up from the sled. Here is a smiling Blake. Mainly he's happy because, he's no longer getting snow in his face. I'm sure next year he'll be like Cedric and then we'll have two boys that won't want to come off the sledding hill. This is the life, huh? Being pulled up the hill. In case you're wondering, Blake is in the sled. I'm the workhorse pulling him up. LOL
Yeeeeee haaaaaaaaw! Cedric speeds down the hill in his superfast red sled. Yipppppeeeeee! It's raining on the snow right now. I can only hope we get that some more snow. The only good thing about getting a January thaw with rain is you can actually build snowmen and snowballs now. Usually the snow is too powdery and dry. The neighborhood kids are working on a snowman outside right now. The middle part was too heavy for them to lift because of the water logged snow. They had to pare it down to get it on the base of their snowman. Ahhhh winter....it's just awesome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun stuff with ice and snow! I personally hate it, but whatever!

I kept looking at the sledding pictures and thinking, "why are they sledding in the evening?" Duh. Winter...Alaska. I get it.

Now keep this thing updated!!!